First mentioned in 1100, Prissé was divided into two communes in 1790: Prissé-le-Petit and Prissé-le-Grand. The latter was then divided between several villages at the end of the 19th century, while Prissé-le-Petit, now Prissé again, merged with La Charrière in 1972. La Charrière, mentioned in 1243, sits pretty in a small valley and is crossed by the Alleuds and Puits-Neuf streams. Before 1880, a large part of it was planted with vines, producing a wine of the same quality as that of La Foye-Monjault. In 2018, Prissé-la-Charrière joined forces with Belleville, St-Etienne-la-Cigogne and Boisserolles to form the new commune of Plaine d'Argenson and became its administrative centre.
Visits: Péré tumulus (neolithic necropolis), St-André church, Péré château (two plane trees listed as "remarkable trees"), La Charrière park, Plant and Garden Festival at Péré château.