Four priority areas of action and positioning of the Tourist Office for the marketing of the territory:
- Firstly, to ensure a role as a business introducer by building on the existing offer.
- Designing complementary tours and stays on specific spaces and themes.
- Targeting and to win over new customers.
- To make the Tourist Office known and recognised as major player in the marketing of the local offer (CAN area, neighbouring territories and greater region).
This strategy is broken down as follows:
01. For individual leisure or business customers
The Tourist Office positions itself as a "facilitator" of stays and develops actions that enable the direct turnover of partner tourism providers to be reinforced.
- Maintaining a selection of gift boxes and "turnkey" stays emblematic of the region subject to the possibility of integrating several providers for the same offer.
- Strengthening the Ticketing Offer organised by the Tourist Office according to three typologies "Dry ticketing on site / Half-day or full-day package / Unusual visits" and activation of a network of prescribers (mainly accommodation providers).
02. For customers of groups
In liaison with the ADT 79, which continues its canvassing mission, the Tourist Office promotes the Sud Deux-Sèvres by promoting the offers made by local operators in order to strengthen its role as a business provider. This strategy avoids competing with local players on their products and soliciting the customers they already solicit.
- Organisation of the offer according to three types of products : These are the "flagship products" (Day in the Marais Poitevin / Lunch Cruise & Visitor Sites / Dungeon & Marais Poitevin), the thematic products (Nature, Heritage & Hiking) and finally the "stay" products (proximity of major facilities in the area).
- Federating a network of prescribers (information relay) and organise the management of customer relations between all stakeholders to optimise canvassing actions in particular.
03. For customers Business
The strategy adopted allows for a proactive approach to the development of business tourism while favouring the conquest of new markets.
- In the area of seminars: in conjunction with the consular offices, targeting the construction, food processing and automotive sectors and approach these networks to propose the Niort agglomeration as a meeting place for their teams.
- In the area of conferences and events: identify potential project leaders and support them to their national authorities to defend the candidature of the Niort region.
- Establish the Tourist Office as a major player in this field and build a local coordination organisation (networking of major facilities).