EPIC status of the Tourist Office
A tourist office of EPIC status is a public entity in charge of promote and develop tourism in a specific region, city or territory. The acronym EPIC means "Public Establishment of an Industrial and Commercial Nature".
As an EPIC, the tourist office has a administrative and financial autonomy. It is therefore able to carry out commercial activities to generate incomewhile remaining under the guardianship of a public authority, such as a municipality or a department.
The missions of the Tourist Office
The Niort - Marais Poitevin Tourist Office is responsible for tourism mission on the territory of the Agglomeration Community of Niortais :
- To promote of the destination in conjunction with the Conseil Départemental des Deux-Sèvres and the Comité Régional du Tourisme de Nouvelle-Aquitaine;
- Implementing communication materials necessary for its missions;
- To organise the reception and tourist information in its area of jurisdiction;
- Improve marketing of the local offer in tourist products and stays ;
- To network tourism providers and to improve the qualification of the offer ;
- Monitor and analyse the attendance of tourist clients.
Category II classification
In order to attest to the professionalism of its actions and its teams to its visitors and partners, the Niort - Marais Poitevin Tourist Office has chosen to meet the criteria of the Category II classification obtained on 5 July 2022 (classification valid for 5 years).
What is a category II Tourist Office?
A classified Tourist Office in category II corresponds to a average size intervening in a geographical area representative of a a homogeneous and coherent tourist consumption area.
His team is necessarily led by a manager or director.
The structure offers various services more important than those of category III offices in order to generate own resources.
The category II Tourist Office develops a targeted promotion policy and implements tools for listening to customers of a nature to improve quality services provided and those of its partners operating in its geographical area of intervention.
Our commitments point by point :
- Make available to you an easily accessible reception and information area ;
- Making it easier for you ;
- Offer you some furniture to sit on ;
- You provide free information on the local tourism offer;
- You provide free access to WiFi ;
- Display and broadcast its opening periods expressed in two foreign languages at least ;
- Be open at least 180 days per year, Saturdays and Sundays included, during tourist or entertainment periods;
- Answering your mail all year round ;
- Ensure the supply of paper tourist maps, plans and guides ;
- Give you access to its trilingual website ;
- Provision of a list of transport and vehicle rentals ;
- Broadcasting its tourist information also on translated into at least two relative foreign languages: To all classified tourist accommodation, including at least the name of the establishment, postal address, e-mail address, website address, telephone number and the level of classification; To monuments and cultural, natural or leisure tourist sites, which may include an indication of user fees, periods and times when they are open to the public, the website and telephone and postal contact details; To events and activities; To emergency telephone numbers.
- Update annually its tourist information ;
- Display emergency telephone numbers outside ;
- To present all the qualified offer of its area of intervention for all clienteles;
- Handle your complaints and measure your satisfaction ;
- Bilingual staff welcomes you;
- Ensuring the reliability and timeliness of information on the local tourist offer.